Wednesday 29 October 2008

Take Two Tablets...


In tidying my computer, as one does, I found a number of lists filed under 'the rules of life'.

I thought I might share them, eked out over a few weeks, perhaps.

The first list of life rules reads:

1. Never give yourself a haircut after three margaritas.

2. You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape.

3. The five most essential words for a healthy, vital relationship are, "I apologize" and "you are right."

4. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

5. Never pass up an opportunity to pee.

6. If he/she says that you are too good for him/her - believe them.

7. Learn to pick your battles; Ask yourself, "Will this matter one year from now? How about one month? One week? One day?"

8. When you make a mistake, make amends immediately. It's easier to eat crow while it's still warm.

9. If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance!

10. Living well really is the best revenge. Being miserable because of a bad or former relationship just might mean that the other person was right about you.

11. Work is good, but it's not that important. Money is nice, but you can't take it, or anything else, with you. Statistics show most people don't live to spend all they saved; Some die even before they retire. Anything we have isn't really ours; we just borrow it while we're here... even our kids.

12. Be really good to your family and/or friends. You never know when you are going to need them to empty your bedpan.

13. If you are going to be able to look back on something and laugh about it,you may as well laugh about it now.

◊◊◊

6 comments:

  1. Ah I agree with all these..(except with the WD40 and duct tape..never used anyone of them!). Life's too short to emphasize so much on money..I always live for today as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love #9. Lifting my tea cup in a toast to more chances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned don't be to proud to say "I'm sorry, I was wrong, please forgive me?"
    Love #10!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number 5 can be written to rhyme with "Never miss a chance to . . ."

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most practical "Rules of Life" I've ever come across.

    ReplyDelete

Moderation cuts in six days after posting.