Tuesday, 11 September 2007
Five cents worth.
This has been a relational psychology test. The answers given to the questions have been shown to have a relevance to values and ideals that we hold in our personal lives.
The analysis is as follows:
1. The person who you are walking with is the most important person in your life.
2. The size of the animal is representative of your perception of the size of your problems.
3. The severity of the interaction you have with the animal is representative of how you deal with your problems (passive, aggressive).
4. The size of your dream home is representative of the size of your ambition to resolve your problems.
5. No fence is indicative of an open personality. People are welcome at all times. The presence of a fence is more indicative of a closed personality. You'd prefer people to not drop by unannounced.
6. If your answer did not include food, people, or flowers then your are generally unhappy.
7. The durability of the material with which the cup is made is representative of the perceived durability of your relationship with the person from number 1. For example, styrofoam, plastic, and paper are disposable; Styrofoam, paper, and glass (ceramics) are not durable; and metal and plastic are durable.
8. Your disposition of the cup is representative of your attitude toward the person in number 1.
9. The size of the body of water is representative of the size of your sexual desire.
10. How wet you get in crossing the water is indicative of the relative importance of your sex life.
I should hop in immediately and say I don't believe a word of it. It flows from the Freudian school, psychoanalysis, that I strongly disagree with. They, of course, would say that I am in denial.
It is a fun thing to do but belongs beyond the recipe page of the Woman's Weekly.
A strange confounding factor was that a number of people in the class brought in images of Red Riding Hood, Hansel & Gretel and Goldilocks. Showing how easy it is for cultural background issues to influence thoughts. Nothing more.
I promise I wont look up what people put down for their answers for questions 9 & 10.