Thursday 2 April 2009

Confession time

.

Yes, all my posts yesterday were inspired by April Fools day.

A Curate's Egg - Eel skin wallets and their effect on credit cards.

The Curate After Dark - Clomipramine, the drug that makes you have an orgasm when you yawn.

Hen Buddhism - The Second Coming Project, aiming to clone Jesus from DNA in old Holy Relics.

The Odd Angry Squawk - The call sign, N166ER, on Air Force One.

The Chemist's Kitchen - Tha Celery has negative calories.

As it happens, all sounded suitably April Foolery, but two are true and three are false.
...

6 comments:

  1. I used www.snopes.com to find the stories.

    The celery story and the clomipramine story are apparently true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's a relief, as I would hate to think that if someone were calling a cloned Jesus on Air Force One, he would get a shock from his own wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! I was SO hoping that orgasm thing was true. Now I just need a doc to write me a 'script... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! The celery story is true, I believe...

    As for the others, well, I'll take them with a pinch of salt.. although if Snopes says that yawning can give you an orgasm... I'll take some of that! oops - was that too naughty??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm surprised you didn't use last year's Guinness ad - much more appropriate for your neck of the woods ! http://thegingermonkey.blogspot.com/2008/04/guinness-april-fool-ad-genius.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I didn't know you play!

    ReplyDelete

Moderation cuts in six days after posting.